Hello dear friend! I’m so happy that you found this page, because it means that you are getting closer to finding your true self. Spirituality is not something that we are taught in schools, or that our family teaches us. So it’s normal to have so many questions about it.
Below I’ve answered different questions that people have regarding spirituality. This is from my own personal experiences from over 10 years of going to see spiritual teachers around the world, doing meditation retreats, reading spiritual books, listening to spiritual teachings and most importantly going into silence to get inner guidance. Therefore I respect that everyone will have different answers to the questions below.
However, the most important answers are the ones that you get from your heart.
What does it mean to be spiritual?
To be spiritual means to be connected with something higher than yourself. It’s to have love in your heart, which allows you to be connected to the spiritual energy field that is all around us. This field can have different names, most commonly God, it can be the central consciousnesses, the universe, etc.
It does not matter what other people call it, what’s important is what you call it (that is if you can give it a name).
Spirituality vs. Religion
There are some strong differences between spirituality and religion.
- Religions are imposed to us as a child, without us questioning it.
- It is part of a organized structure which tells people what they need to believe in.
- You have to follow certain rituals, observe special days, may need to dress a certain way.
- It can involved praying to certain deities, saints, gods, etc.
- In some religions you may only be allowed to marry someone from your same religion.
- Spirituality on the other hand is more of an individual choice.
- It does not follow any specific dogma.
- You can practice spirituality anywhere, there is no need for a specific building to practice it such as a church, mosque, temple, synagogue, center, etc.
- It creates a greater connection with other people, animals and nature.
- Spirituality can be practice alone, not having to follow certain prayers, rituals, etc.
- It allows the individual to have self inquiry and to do things from personal believes and experiences, rather than from traditions that have been passed down from generation to generation.
What are examples of spirituality?
- Meditation on love and peace for the whole planet
- Having a close connection to mother nature.
- People who devote their life to helping others discover the meaning of life.
- Being able to stand alone and do the right thing, rather than following the crowd who are doing harmful things to others, animals or the environment.
- Choosing not to eat animals for the love they have for them.
- Thinking about how your actions can affect your future, that is following the universal law of cause and effect or karma.
- Going into silence to get answers that cannot be obtained in the outside world.
How do you express spirituality in your life?
Because spirituality does not have a specific definition, and it can mean different things to different people, there isn’t a one size fits all way of expressing spirituality. However, below is a list of some ways in which it can be expressed.
- Refraining to eat animals
- Not harming other people
- Taking care of the environment
- Writing poetry
- Composing and playing inspirational songs that are not heard on the radio
- Painting beautiful pictures that help uplift the soul
- Sending love to the world
- Praying for world peace
Where do I start with spirituality?
By just asking that question, you have already stared your spiritual journey. Spirituality is about asking questions, which cannot be answered by you head, but rather by your heart.
You will get this “knowing” of things being true, and other things you will question them. For example, if you follow a certain religion, ask yourself “Do I believe this from my own personal experiences, or is it something that I’m doing out of fear?”
Spirituality is about having love in your heart, not doing things out of fear, or because it’s what everyone has done for centuries.
Close your eyes, and ask yourself “What do I need to do?”. The answer that you’ll get should make you feel peaceful and light in your heart area. It gives a big relief every time you ask that question. Also, this answer comes right to your heart, not your head.
One of my most profound spiritual teachers is Eckhart Tolle. I’ve been very fortunate to go on retreats to see him. His approach is very simple to understand. I was amazed how powerful his teachings are that it attracts a wide audience to attend, Christians, Buddhist, Muslims and Non religious people, since his message is universal and it transcends religions.
I would like to invite you to learn more from him, and hear his profound teaching for yourself. He just give pointers, so that way you can go deep within yourself and see the true and eternal you. Check out the books below.
What are the qualities of a spiritual person?
A spiritual person can have different qualities such as:
- Not following what stream media is saying is “cool”, necessary, or what most people are concerned with such as celebrity gossip, sports, latest fashion.
- Being connected with nature and animals.
- May prefer to be alone rather than going to social activities all the time.
- Taking good care of their bodies, since they know that this is the temple of their soul.
- Meditating all the time.
- Reading spiritual books.
- Watching spiritual documentaries.
- Listening to spiritual songs that are not played on the radio.
- May dress differently, not caring about following fashion trends.
- Many are vegan or vegetarian.
- Being concerned how his/her actions will affect the environment
- Having love in the heart and loving everyone.
Following your spiritual path…
These are just a few answers to the most common questions people have regarding spirituality. I hope that it was a good starting point to help you on our journey. Remember the journey within is the most important journey you can take.
It is my deepest wish that you are able to answer all of those questions by yourself from your own personal experiences. To live spiritually makes your whole life so much meaningful.
Below you’ll find that there are some post that can help and inspire you on your spiritual journey. Plus, some programs and products that can benefit you.
Take care my dear friend. May you always have love in your heart and live spiritually.
Love and Light,
Your Peaceful Meditation Space Designer
Begin Your Spiritual Journey
Join Jeffrey Allen As He Reveals How To Access Your Higher Awareness To Live An Enriched And Purposeful Life
Programs To Expand Your Spirituality
Our Favorite Post
Our Most Popular Posts
If you found this post useful, you might want to save THIS PIN below to your spirituality board to check the post later when new updates are announced.